Monday, June 4, 2012

A little island on the North Sea

by: Jodi

Impression is a word used quite often on our journey thus far, and while we have only been here a few hours, Norderney has made quite the impression for me.  As we said goodbye to our wonderful hosts and new friends from the Hümmling zu Sögel club we boarded the car ferry and headed off to spend the next 5 days to check out what all of the talk has been about.  During our travels so far, whenever anyone from the team would mention our stay in Norderney faces would light up and everyone would say "oh, Norderney is schön!"  Needless to say, my first impressions of the island have lived up to the hype!

My transportation for the week!
One thing I really am looking forward to is being able to travel everywhere by bike.  In Manchester it is relatively uncommon to see people traveling around by bike because of the high volume of auto traffic and many hills.  Being able to spend limited time in the car here has been very refreshing, and I hope to find a bike when I return so I can try to bring the European bike trend to New England! 

It's time for us to be off to the club meeting, so I leave you with some of my first impressions of this lovely little island they call Norderney.




No comments:

Post a Comment